University of Maryland Cybersecurity Degrees and Certificates.
Secure your future with an in-demand degree in cyber security.
- Gain real-world experience: UMUC’s programs are designed and delivered by cyber security faculty-practitioners and regularly reviewed by industry experts.
- Go beyond theory and policies: Our Virtual Security Lab helps you develop experience and knowledge that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Pursue your degree while keeping your job: Designed for busy professionals, our programs are available entirely online with multiple start dates.
- Build needed credentials: Prepare for a career in an industry where 84 percent ofcyber security jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree.2
- Maximize your military and veterans benefits: UMUC advisors can help you maximize military benefits, including tuition assistance, GI Bill benefits and more.
UMUC Cybersecurity undergraduate degrees can help prepare you to be a leader in the protection of valuable data assets. Courses focus on network security, digital forensics and ethics in information technology.
UMUC Cybersecurity graduate degrees incorporate the best and latest information in technology, psychology, law, ethics, sociology and forensics to provide students with next-generation cyber skills to anticipate and avoid many cyber threats.
UMUC Cybersecurity certificate programs provide busy professionals with the opportunity to quickly develop cyber skills and receive an accredited academic certificate online. The programs require only 12-18 credits, and all credits can be applied toward a master’s degree in cyber security.