Online storage for files is an integral part of our life now since most of the pictures on our phones are now stored directly in the cloud. These are the most popular Cloud Storage services for when the free storage on your services run out.
1. Dropbox: Dropbox has been the best cloud storage service in the world. It is very simple to use and is available on almost every platform. Dropbox provides 2 GB of free cloud storage to every user and you can also earn upto 16 GB of additional free storage by referring Dropbox to your friends. (Also See: How To Get More Free Dropbox Cloud Storage Space?)
2. Google Drive: The cloud storage service from the search giant Google provides you with 15 GB of free storage which is shared among its various services like Gmail, Google Plus etc. along with Google Drive. Google Drive lets you store, share and edit your files. You can also collaborate with others to work on your files.
3. Box: While Dropbox is popular among individuals, Box is popular among business and enterprise users. Box provides 10 GB of free storage for personal use. With a personal account you can only upload files smaller than 250 MB to the cloud which is a major inconvenience if you are looking to store movies or large files. (Also See: How To Get More Free Box Cloud Storage Space?)
4. Mega: Mega comes from the once very popular file hosting service megaupload.com. After megaupload.com was shut down, Mega was launched as the cloud storage service. Mega provides 50 GB of free cloud storage to its clients. (Also See: How To Get Extra Free Cloud Storage On OneDrive, Copy, Bitcasa & Mega?)
5. OneDrive: Microsoft has recently re-branded its cloud storage service previously named SkyDrive to OneDrive. In its attempt to gain a foothold in the industry and drive hundreds of millions of its customers to OneDrive, Microsoft is giving away 7 GB 15 GB of free cloud storage to its users. You can get an additional 5 GB by referring your friends and 3 GB more by enabling photo backup.